Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Special request to honor a little angel

I am very blessed to have four beautiful, healthy children.  I personally wouldn't know what to do if something bad would happen to any of them.  

When I hear of stories of babies born with medical issues or children suffering from serious illnesses, my heart really breaks.  And that is why when one mother came to me for a little request, I had no second thoughts about helping out, even in a little way.

A couple of days ago, I received this email...

Hi Corinne!......hope it's okay to just act like I know you and am sending a friendly email. Anyway, your blog/website is one of my favorites and I have a request. I recently started a project of starting eye masks for NICU babies that normally can't wear clothes and am hoping that you could send people my way to help out with this cause. .........I had recently lost my baby girl, Ireland Rose to a condition she was born with known as Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia or CDH. Anyway, to honor her, I decided to make eye masks. My daughter's condition was found out while I was pregnant and during that time that I was making things for her...well, I knew she wouldn't be allowed clothes, hats or socks and wanted her to have something from me! ...thus, I came up with the eye mask. I kept researching and seeing these pictures of little newborns with blankets draped on their faces and well, I thought she'd look so cute with a custom made eye mask. .........Anyway, I could go on and on but my blog is at http://www.mybabysbling.blogspot.com/. I would love if you could post these and maybe interest people either doing this for their local NICU/hospital or having them make them and send them to me.

Thanks so much
Chanda

Chanda has posted the pattern and instructions on how to make the baby eye masks on her blog. You can find details on what to do with the eye masks or where to send them in there too.  If you wish, you can also download the pattern directly from here.

I will be making some of these eye masks myself. Please extend whatever help you can. Thanks!



PS. To my Aussie friends, the Matchbox kitchen makeover competition is still on.  Please vote!

Only two more free eBooks to be given away in my shop! Hurry!

1 comment:

  1. Wanted you to know how much I appreciate you and beyond the blog help, how much knowing that someone cared enough to reach out ....well, that was awesome!....I hope you win your competition and get a kitchen makeover!!...If I happen to win the lottery, I'll keep you in mind!

    ReplyDelete